Thursday, June 18, 2015

Getting all the machines up and running

I rented industrial space and have been looking for piecework and making my denim.  I'm bringing everything over slowly and getting it all set up to maximize space and keep it from becoming too cluttered too fast.

Having this space is so enjoyable, I wish I would have done it sooner! I thought I wanted to only work at home. It is nice for many reasons, but the most glaring one is that I don't think about wanting to sew when I'm doing chores and stuff. I know when I get to the shop I'll have the time!

Work is coming in slowly, and my denim is selling slowly. I'm hoping to get a shirt gig.  I may have messed it up a little. I really wanted a great sew only order like I had years ago in Milford, but this could be a cut and sew.  I just need to get my hands on one so I can show them my professional sewing.  Supposed to be this week. I'm trying to be patient!

My Artisan overlocks are waiting on parts, but I've got the Babylock set up for a coverstitch and, just in case, I finally got the buttonhole attachment on the Singer 403A.





It feels great to be sewing again.

No comments: